2023 Ford Raptor-R Order Allocations

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
My dealer called me on Feb 1st saying #1 & #2 R's were built and delivered and my number was called in by rep. to verify color and options. I did Code Orange no upgrades. Initially I told them graphics delete but decided to let it be as is then I can remove graphics all or part as I see fit when it shows up. Me being #3 of 6 R's my dealer was getting.
No clue how long it will take to get into scheduling get VIN. Ideally If it's scheduled sometime in the Month of February, built in March delivered in April would be ideal. (Like I have any say on that. lol) I simply cannot buy the R without selling something of equal value or more first. My other truck runs through auction April 1st.
Got to be close to a dozen R's delivered already in Phoenix metro area.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, the timing works out perfectly for you! I would assume that if you don't have a VIN yet then it will take at least until April for it to arrive if everything goes perfectly.

SnowShark

Reaction score
Glad to have found other frustrated Ford loyalist. Like others order a new “R” first week of launch. Got a few emails from Ford claiming supply chain delays… Then nothing. Been bugging the dealer…nothing. I to have begun seeing some “R’s” arrive at dealers and on Youtube. I have had two dealers contact me that have one each for $153k! I admit I agreed to pay $20k over MSRP but what the dealers and Ford are doing is only hurting the brand and my enthusiasm.

OldBajaGuy

Founding Member
Reaction score
Is anyone still receiving "supply chain" updates ? January ? February ?
I received 3 until last month. Then nothing.
Thanks

SnowShark

Reaction score
Update: My dealer called Ford today to inquire how Ford determines who gets the Raptor R’s first. “They are taking all the orders for them and doing a lottery system for them to get built. Ford said that was the best way they have to be able to do it without anyone getting special treatment”. Not sure I believe this but it could be the case?

HoustonTXRaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Has anyone that stopped getting the "every 45 days" email start getting updates again? The last one I got was in December, and I haven't heard a peep since. The dealer says they are still showing an allocation but no movement. They asked the regional ford rep and nothing from him either. Crazy that the communication is so poor. It sucks getting a "nothing new" email every 45 days but it's better than zero communication. I'm starting to wonder if they aren't going to be able to fulfill all the allocations they gave out and will start rescinding them.

SnowShark

Reaction score
Has anyone that stopped getting the "every 45 days" email start getting updates again? The last one I got was in December, and I haven't heard a peep since. The dealer says they are still showing an allocation but no movement. They asked the regional ford rep and nothing from him either. Crazy that the communication is so poor. It sucks getting a "nothing new" email every 45 days but it's better than zero communication. I'm starting to wonder if they aren't going to be able to fulfill all the allocations they gave out and will start rescinding them.
Like you have not seen any updates from Ford on the subject.

HoustonTXRaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Like you have not seen any updates from Ford on the subject.
Correct. Ford was sending emails with updates that typically just said “supply chain” issues are causing delays. In the emails they promised to provide an update every 45 days. Those emails stopped in December.

jhaimes

Reaction score
Stupid question....When you guys are ordering these, how much do you have to pay up front and do they do all of your financial stuff at that time or do they wait until it comes in? I have never ordered a vehicle before. Also, should I wait until 2024 or try and order this year to get on the "list". I just am not sure what the process is to get one....Is it even possible at this point?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't had to put any money down on a pre-order unless it was a small amount that was required by the manufacturer. I think I had to put $300 down through the Ford website when I pre-ordered my first Bronco. Otherwise, I try to have good communication with my dealership and figure out how to pay for it once it arrives at the dealership.

TurboS

Reaction score
Stupid question....When you guys are ordering these, how much do you have to pay up front and do they do all of your financial stuff at that time or do they wait until it comes in? I have never ordered a vehicle before. Also, should I wait until 2024 or try and order this year to get on the "list". I just am not sure what the process is to get one....Is it even possible at this point?
My experience, when ordering go to your dealer, spec out the options and color, have a sales agreement created with the agreed price and down payment if requested, you and the sales manager sign, confirm with dealer the Ford COVP (Certified Order Verification Process) is completed with your SS number, email, and drivers license. Obtain pre approval on financing from lender of your choice. When the vehicle is scheduled for for production you will recieve a VIN#, you can then lock in your rate and start finalizing the loan process. Obtain a ETA for delivery and have your lending institute cut the check (it will have the VIN# on check), you may have the check to just the dealer or you and the dealer and have them mail the check directly to the dealer before the vehicle arrives.

What you have then accomplished is your lending institution has purchased that vehicle for the agreed upon price before the dealer has possesion of it to sell to anyone else or decides to add additional dealer markup at time of delivery. With Raptor's and other limited edition specialty models you need to secure your purchase.

I wouldn't recommend waiting on a Raptor-R, it's anticipated to be a limited production, and Ford Performance history has shown they hold to their projected limited production numbers.

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't had to put any money down on a pre-order unless it was a small amount that was required by the manufacturer. I think I had to put $300 down through the Ford website when I pre-ordered my first Bronco. Otherwise, I try to have good communication with my dealership and figure out how to pay for it once it arrives at the dealership.
I put zero $ down on my R. Dealer pretty good on updates. At least the GM is. Sales guy not so much.