Ford Raptor R Issues

jond

Reaction score
New here. Reposting in right forum

Three issues with my Raptor R so far. I have 2100 miles on it. Upon delivery the AC evaporator didn't work which resulted in no airflow after a short period of time. Ford replaced the evaporator. Cool. But they have to remove and reinstall most of the dash to do this. Since delivery the truck also suffered from a annoying rattle from the exhaust. I had a gen 3 with the same issue. Good video on YouTube shows the issue and fix. Apparently some springs in the exhaust valve control are junk and ford has created a fix. Will be going back to dealer soon. And finally, so far, I did lose function of the R button. Again good YouTube video on this one where the guy disconnected the negative terminal on the battery for a short time which corrected the issue. Same result for me after performing same process. Luckily no oil leak as others reported, that's got to be completely aggravating. Fingers crossed I don't have the same problem.

RaptorR_NOVA

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the issues, very frustrating when you buy anything new especially in this price range. Glad to hear it’s all getting rectified though.

jrwp

Reaction score
My 2023 F-150 Raptor R was just diagnosed with a faulty evaporator. The same time I took mine into the dealership, there was another Raptor R in the service center for the same problem. Problem being, the AC comes and goes.

This issue is not a TSB yet, but it will be soon. Apparently there was a batch of bad evaporators that went out during a certain build timeframe. They are ensuring that they don't replace the part with same part that was built at that time (which is why the other Raptor R that was there, was still there - they had replaced it, but issue came back).

Needless to say, my part is on order and hopefully I have my Raptor R back next week. Of note, it will be almost 2 weeks in the dealership service center for myself. Sucks to not be driving my brand new vehicle.

Oh, and I had a bad left turn signal (wouldn't disengage after a turn), so that part is also getting replaced.

And lastly, I've noticed door alignment on both sides is either not level (up and down) and sticking out like a mm or two.

Other than that, loving the truck.

P.S. It definitely has a drinking problem at the pumps :)