Ford Raptor R Quarter Mile Time?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you think the new Ford Raptor R will do the quarter-mile in? We know it will be lighter than the Ram TRX 1500 and real close in horsepower and torque numbers. I'm going to guess that if the TRX's are doing 12.5s in the quarter-mile then the Raptor R will probably best that by a few tenths. Having a low 12-second quarter-mile truck with a factory warranty that the whole family can enjoy is going to be awesome!

"In just three tries, I had Ram beat: 4.1 seconds from 0-60 mph and a 12.55-second quarter-mile time at just a hair under 107 mph. Our 0-60 mph time doesn’t include a 1-foot rollout calculation (basically a running start) versus the drag strip’s quarter-mile time that does. That run didn’t even use launch control, either, as I wasn’t having the best success getting a clean launch while using it. Simply brake-torquing to around 2,500 rpm and letting it go cut four-tenths of a second off both the factory 0-60 and quarter-mile times. The TRX’s adjustable settings — transmission, steering, stability control and the shift paddles — were all in Sport, save for the suspension, which I left in Street."