Guess the 2023 Raptor R 0-60mph times

super8

Raptor-R ️‍🔥
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
What 0-60 times do you expect we'll see from the Raptor-R? I'm thinking 3.5seconds, which is .2 seconds faster than the TRX.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
I can get 3.5 consistently in my TRX here in Northwest Florida. Confirmed by GPS too. Don't see how a truck can be much faster without complete burnouts even in four wheel drive. Traction and elevation affect this of course.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
The Raptor R should be lighter by a good margin. So if they make more power and have the weight advantage then it should eke out the TRX.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
The Raptor R should be lighter by a good margin. So if they make more power and have the weight advantage then it should eke out the TRX.
If traction is not an issue I can see this happening. I really didn't buy the Rex as a race car and neither would my R be but it is nice to smoke a Challenger 392/Camaro SS/Mustang 5.0 that is acting cocky at a red light every now and then. I mainly bought the Rex because of the interior and sound. Now don't get me wrong, the Ecoboost is a great engine and I have put hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles on a few, but I missed the V8 sound. I had my heart set on a 3rd Gen Raptor and had a deposit down and allocation when a friend of mine who sells Ram trucks called me to look at a Rex. I never purchased the Raptor after that and the local dealer sold it here in less than a day. I hope Ford steps up their luxury interior trim to match the Ram and not just the performance. I could live with it even if a little less luxurious because I do favor a Ford but I can't deal with a really sub par interior for the money it costs. If you have not yet, look in a TRX and then in a 3rd Gen Raptor without partiality and see the difference. I really am looking forward to the reveal and availability and if it is right, I will be back in a Ford.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Raptor R is almost 500 lbs lighter than the TRX. That should help the R run right with the TRX even though it's slightly lower in HP.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Raptor R is almost 500 lbs lighter than the TRX. That should help the R run right with the TRX even though it's slightly lower in HP.
Hopefully they have figured out the transmission issue. I think even many of the Shelby Raptors would perform way better with proper transmission tuning as horsepower doesn't see to be the problem.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they have figured out the transmission issue. I think even many of the Shelby Raptors would perform way better with proper transmission tuning as horsepower doesn't see to be the problem.
That's probably a reason they didn't use the GT500 transmission and decided to just beef up the 10R80.