Jsmc Raptor R Carbonized Gray ordered

Jsmc

Founding Member
Reaction score
Greetings from NC. Ordered 7/18. Received supply chain delay letter 9/1. Have not received VIN verification yet.
Carbonized Gray, moonroof deleted and graphics deleted.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Greetings from NC. Ordered 7/18. Received supply chain delay letter 9/1. Have not received VIN verification yet.
Carbonized Gray, moonroof deleted and graphics deleted.
Welcome to the forum! I really like the Carbonized Gray color and I can't wait to see the new Raptor R in it. Have you gotten any updates lately? I think we are getting close to the 45 day notice that Ford mentioned back on 9/1.

Jsmc

Founding Member
Reaction score
No follow up from Ford yet. Hope to hear something this weekend or early next week. Would like to see a VIN# email, but that might be wishful thinking. I am hoping to see the supply chain issues ironed out, maybe speeding up these R's. I have been seeing increased inventory of SXS's, watercraft and such arriving at work. I was having many units arrive without gauge clusters, ecm's and the like. But currently most are arriving intact and ready to go. Thought we might see increased throughput on Ford's end too.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
No follow up from Ford yet. Hope to hear something this weekend or early next week. Would like to see a VIN# email, but that might be wishful thinking. I am hoping to see the supply chain issues ironed out, maybe speeding up these R's. I have been seeing increased inventory of SXS's, watercraft and such arriving at work. I was having many units arrive without gauge clusters, ecm's and the like. But currently most are arriving intact and ready to go. Thought we might see increased throughput on Ford's end too.
Do you happen to work at a Can-Am dealer? I know they were sending SXS to dealers without gauges and ECUs there for a while.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct. I own a powersports dealership.
That's awesome! I have been looking at the 2023 Defender Lone Star. Have you gotten in any of the new 2023 models?

Jsmc

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have not received 23' SXS's yet. Sea Doo's have started shipping but no off-road units. I have presold my allocation of Defender Limited/Lonestar's through March of next year. I could take deposits on units I have not been allocated, that should arrive in summer, but I am not comfortable doing that until I know exactly what I can sell. These are absolutely crazy times the last 3 years. If you PM me, I can go further into it with you.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow, that does sound pretty crazy! I was thinking things might be easing up with the market cooling off and rates going up so much. I guess I won't be getting a new Defender anytime soon either.

Jsmc

Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow, that does sound pretty crazy! I was thinking things might be easing up with the market cooling off and rates going up so much. I guess I won't be getting a new Defender anytime soon either.
Stay tuned, if things continue to slide downward I may have some high priced Defenders suddenly become available.

AntiBlueR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Received another "supply chain delay" email from Ford yesterday. No VIN # yet.
Got my 2nd supply chain email as well on 10/17, but this one didnt mention the every 45 days notice that the one back in September did.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
It looks like Ford is currently testing out a Raptor R in Carbonized Gray. :cool:

2023-Ford-F-150-Raptor-R-Carbonized-Gray-Metallic-M7-First-Real-World-Photos-October-2022-Ext...jpeg

2023-Ford-F-150-Raptor-R-Carbonized-Gray-Metallic-M7-First-Real-World-Photos-October-2022-Ext...jpeg

Jsmc

Founding Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I have seen one in this color. I was on the fence on what color to get, but man...I really like the look of the R in these pics. Makes me feel better about my choice. What do you guys think? Paint the flares body color or leave them be?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I have seen one in this color. I was on the fence on what color to get, but man...I really like the look of the R in these pics. Makes me feel better about my choice. What do you guys think? Paint the flares body color or leave them be?
After looking at these new photos I think it would look good with painted fenders. I would need to see it in person first, but I think that could add a nice personalized touch.