My Raptor R Order Has Been Confirmed!

OldBajaGuy

Founding Member
Reaction score
This was a good Labor Day weekend.
I received my Raptor R email confirmation on Friday from the Ford Motor Company.
Woohoo!
Question: Will choosing the "delete graphics" options for the Raptor R diminish the long term value of the vehicle ?

JUNGLE JIM

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello Baja Guy,

I would say yes. I see plenty of plain no graphics Raptors that look no different than a standard F-150.

JJ

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
This was a good Labor Day weekend.
I received my Raptor R email confirmation on Friday from the Ford Motor Company.
Woohoo!
Question: Will choosing the "delete graphics" options for the Raptor R diminish the long term value of the vehicle ?
Congrats on the confirmation! I'm not a graphics guy and I'm sure there are others out there like me so I don't think you can go wrong either way.

KILO

Founding Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about the factory spray in or line-x? Also should I get the lock box add on? I’m having limited-options fomo before the vin/production starts.

JUNGLE JIM

Founding Member
Reaction score
I had the factory spray-in on my 2017 Raptor and my 2019 F-350 then had my local Line-X do the clear coat spray on them. Both look like new even with the years in the desert sun here in Yuma AZ.

JJ

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about the factory spray in or line-x? Also should I get the lock box add on? I’m having limited-options fomo before the vin/production starts.

I prefer the factory spray-in liner to taking it to a local shop. If you have a really good relationship with your local Line-X installer, trust their work and don't mind waiting for it to be done, then I think it's a toss-up.

Are you referring to adding the Console Vault or some other sort of locking box somewhere else?

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
I prefer the factory spray-in liner to taking it to a local shop. If you have a really good relationship with your local Line-X installer, trust their work and don't mind waiting for it to be done, then I think it's a toss-up.

Are you referring to adding the Console Vault or some other sort of locking box somewhere else?
Let us know what you think of the truck compared to your TRX when it arrives my friend. I am interested in your opinion between the two.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Let us know what you think of the truck compared to your TRX when it arrives my friend. I am interested in your opinion between the two.
I certainly will! To be honest, I'm loving the TRX and I'm thinking it's going to be really hard for me to justify the Raptor R over the TRX for the $35,000 price difference. Time will tell!

KILO

Founding Member
Reaction score

Thanks, referring to console vault

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a console vault in my last F150 and really liked it. I will definitely be adding one to my new truck.

HoustonTXRaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Have you logged in to your Ford account to see if they have updated the status or are you just waiting for email notifications?
Do you have a link to login into this type of account? The only thing I saw online required that you have the VIN which I don't have yet.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I registered an account at Ford.com and it shows my reservations, orders, and purchases. I think it only shows vehicles that were ordered online through the Ford website because it doesn't show my Bronco Raptor or my Raptor R orders since those were dealer allocations and not a direct order from me. The backdoor link if you have a VIN seems to be the most accurate way to check the process of an order.

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 1.56.59 PM.png

HoustonTXRaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
How I understand it, If you placed the order with the dealer you should get a confirmation email right away but that doesn’t mean it is going to be built or that the dealer even has an allocation for it. The real indicator is when they send the email with the VIN.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
How I understand it, If you placed the order with the dealer you should get a confirmation email right away but that doesn’t mean it is going to be built or that the dealer even has an allocation for it. The real indicator is when they send the email with the VIN.
That's how I understand it as well. Hopefully, we start seeing some VINs and window stickers soon!

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
That's how I understand it as well. Hopefully, we start seeing some VINs and window stickers soon!
Let me know what you think and be sure to give us a proper run down on you R when it arrives. I have been interested in hearing the opinion from someone who has driven both the R and the Rex.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you think and be sure to give us a proper run down on you R when it arrives. I have been interested in hearing the opinion from someone who has driven both the R and the Rex.
I certainly will!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I got excited for a minute when I saw the email until I read it. :cry:

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 7.50.22 PM.png