RaptorR Street vs RaptorR offroad

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Ordered R in code orange no other options 7/18 #3 of 6 allocations at my dealer. Allocation #1 built early december. #2 scheduled no word on mine
I already have my Street version R. 2020 Raptor crate engine (1 of only 5 sold) along with 10R80 in my driver. Hoping to do a complete street test R vs R although I already know this version will be a fair amount faster. Still a fun comparison.

1 month shy of 23 yr ownership. 1966 F-100
A whole bunch more to it than meets the eye! Things like PATS, TPMS and other hidden features. Fully smog legal with ALL F150 emissions components
Sunset.jpeg
IMG_E2219.JPG
268456685_113888081161442_6706194244891266505_n.jpg

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! This has to be one of the nicest engine swaps I have seen. Did you do the swap yourself?

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! This has to be one of the nicest engine swaps I have seen. Did you do the swap yourself?
Thanks Much!
Yes, every little bit was done in my little backyard hobby shop including building my own harness and body/paint. Only things farmed out were the road load type balance of the tires n wheels and had a old timer shop do the I beam bend for alignment after lowering.
I actually installed the tires by hand after another shop scuffed the wheels installing tires. I added in the TPMS sensors and had shops told me would never work on a old truck and refused to mount them.

I started the build and had it together driving with a 482" dual quad FE first but when the offer came to get one of the Raptor crate engines I jumped on it.
I will post some more details.

Latest on my youtube channel.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow, you did a fantastic job! It looks like a super high-end restoration from big-name garage! Nicely done!

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow, you did a fantastic job! It looks like a super high-end restoration from big-name garage! Nicely done!
Thank You! Just a backyard do-it-yourselfer. I have been accused of being loaded with $$ and having big name shops do it for me. If they only knew what it really took! February 1st this year it will be 23 yrs since I bought the truck. Put it aside then started gathering parts a little at a time.

Right now I actually have a few more EcoBoost swaps in the pipeline but being a old fart (retirement in a few months) working alone everything takes longer and longer. Have started to sell off a few project and only finish a few more I already started. Typically it takes me 10+ yrs per vehicle just to gather parts needed.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank You! Just a backyard do-it-yourselfer. I have been accused of being loaded with $$ and having big name shops do it for me. If they only knew what it really took! February 1st this year it will be 23 yrs since I bought the truck. Put it aside then started gathering parts a little at a time.

Right now I actually have a few more EcoBoost swaps in the pipeline but being a old fart (retirement in a few months) working alone everything takes longer and longer. Have started to sell off a few project and only finish a few more I already started. Typically it takes me 10+ yrs per vehicle just to gather parts needed.
It takes time to do it right. Unless you throw a bunch of people at it and then it won't be cheap!

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
It takes time to do it right. Unless you throw a bunch of people at it and then it won't be cheap!
It took me a full year just to learn how to wire it. Zero outside support other than from good friend who was big help. Has better understanding of the Canbus stuff. But i have now learned how to add or remove stuff from Canbus

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, After a BUNCH of thought I had to decide which would be better for my retirement years . . I decided to let go of the '66 RaptorR for the new Raptor R. Not sure when it will show up but only way I could buy the new R is by selling this truck. My truck will Auction April 1st this year at Mecum Glendale, AZ in the State Farm Arena football stadium. Lots of photos plus a couple walk around vids. Best in 4k of course.

MyRaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, After a BUNCH of thought I had to decide which would be better for my retirement years . . I decided to let go of the '66 RaptorR for the new Raptor R. Not sure when it will show up but only way I could buy the new R is by selling this truck. My truck will Auction April 1st this year at Mecum Glendale, AZ in the State Farm Arena football stadium. Lots of photos plus a couple walk around vids. Best in 4k of course.

I seen it on the docket what are you hoping to get out of it?