RaptorR Street vs RaptorR offroad

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Ordered R in code orange no other options 7/18 #3 of 6 allocations at my dealer. Allocation #1 built early december. #2 scheduled no word on mine
I already have my Street version R. 2020 Raptor crate engine (1 of only 5 sold) along with 10R80 in my driver. Hoping to do a complete street test R vs R although I already know this version will be a fair amount faster. Still a fun comparison.

1 month shy of 23 yr ownership. 1966 F-100
A whole bunch more to it than meets the eye! Things like PATS, TPMS and other hidden features. Fully smog legal with ALL F150 emissions components
Sunset.jpeg
IMG_E2219.JPG
268456685_113888081161442_6706194244891266505_n.jpg

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! This has to be one of the nicest engine swaps I have seen. Did you do the swap yourself?

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! This has to be one of the nicest engine swaps I have seen. Did you do the swap yourself?
Thanks Much!
Yes, every little bit was done in my little backyard hobby shop including building my own harness and body/paint. Only things farmed out were the road load type balance of the tires n wheels and had a old timer shop do the I beam bend for alignment after lowering.
I actually installed the tires by hand after another shop scuffed the wheels installing tires. I added in the TPMS sensors and had shops told me would never work on a old truck and refused to mount them.

I started the build and had it together driving with a 482" dual quad FE first but when the offer came to get one of the Raptor crate engines I jumped on it.
I will post some more details.

Latest on my youtube channel.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow, you did a fantastic job! It looks like a super high-end restoration from big-name garage! Nicely done!

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow, you did a fantastic job! It looks like a super high-end restoration from big-name garage! Nicely done!
Thank You! Just a backyard do-it-yourselfer. I have been accused of being loaded with $$ and having big name shops do it for me. If they only knew what it really took! February 1st this year it will be 23 yrs since I bought the truck. Put it aside then started gathering parts a little at a time.

Right now I actually have a few more EcoBoost swaps in the pipeline but being a old fart (retirement in a few months) working alone everything takes longer and longer. Have started to sell off a few project and only finish a few more I already started. Typically it takes me 10+ yrs per vehicle just to gather parts needed.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank You! Just a backyard do-it-yourselfer. I have been accused of being loaded with $$ and having big name shops do it for me. If they only knew what it really took! February 1st this year it will be 23 yrs since I bought the truck. Put it aside then started gathering parts a little at a time.

Right now I actually have a few more EcoBoost swaps in the pipeline but being a old fart (retirement in a few months) working alone everything takes longer and longer. Have started to sell off a few project and only finish a few more I already started. Typically it takes me 10+ yrs per vehicle just to gather parts needed.
It takes time to do it right. Unless you throw a bunch of people at it and then it won't be cheap!

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
It takes time to do it right. Unless you throw a bunch of people at it and then it won't be cheap!
It took me a full year just to learn how to wire it. Zero outside support other than from good friend who was big help. Has better understanding of the Canbus stuff. But i have now learned how to add or remove stuff from Canbus

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, After a BUNCH of thought I had to decide which would be better for my retirement years . . I decided to let go of the '66 RaptorR for the new Raptor R. Not sure when it will show up but only way I could buy the new R is by selling this truck. My truck will Auction April 1st this year at Mecum Glendale, AZ in the State Farm Arena football stadium. Lots of photos plus a couple walk around vids. Best in 4k of course.

MyRaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, After a BUNCH of thought I had to decide which would be better for my retirement years . . I decided to let go of the '66 RaptorR for the new Raptor R. Not sure when it will show up but only way I could buy the new R is by selling this truck. My truck will Auction April 1st this year at Mecum Glendale, AZ in the State Farm Arena football stadium. Lots of photos plus a couple walk around vids. Best in 4k of course.

I seen it on the docket what are you hoping to get out of it?

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
I seen it on the docket what are you hoping to get out of it?
So much in fees, listing but will see how it goes. I do have the Saturday prime time spot. 150k would be nice. Mecum said their estimate 175k plus which would be better yet. Wish i had crystal ball as really want that RaptorR for my retirement years. Clean, polish drive. No more back breaking work. Hardest part of day will be climbing in the R and going out for lunch or donuts 🍩

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Just because, really wanted to know what my truck would do with a bit more traction.

Added a set of CalTracs while doing cleaning to prep for upcoming auction.
Better look at the Baer 14” 6p brakes at all 4 corners.

Any guesses 0-6, 1/8 mi?
No good place for 1/4 mi testing.
Expecting 120+ 1/4 mi speed.
Should be close to 100 mph in 1/8 mi

B2BAE1E2-1D42-4D39-858E-835D76C27686.jpeg
56656D4B-7AF8-4182-9B8A-A14A47FCC873.jpeg
0C953AF3-625F-41C7-8212-D2BCAE648EFE.jpeg
20382791-F1D5-42EA-B1FA-EBEB889324F3.jpeg

JUNGLE JIM

Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice shop gear and photos. What does this have to do with the Raptor R ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice shop gear and photos. What does this have to do with the Raptor R ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
My street RaptorR while waiting for the ‘23 R that’s on order. This truck has 2020 Raptor crate engine and 10R80.

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
This is what this truck has to do with Raptor R
Selling this truck at Mecum auction April 1st will now allow me to pay cash 💵 and have enough $$ left for a lifetime of gas. 😆 seeing as though the R is MSRP with no fluffed up charges. Tax title license.
94C20C5B-1F71-4966-8F22-6E294A5658D5.jpeg

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
That's fantastic, congrats! The attention to detail on your build was definitely reflected in the sale price. Hopefully, you get information on your new Raptor R order soon!

1966RaptorR

Founding Member
Reaction score
That's fantastic, congrats! The attention to detail on your build was definitely reflected in the sale price. Hopefully, you get information on your new Raptor R order soon!
I posted elsewhere but didn’t post here. Order was changed to priority #1 on feb 1st.
March 3rd had vin. Was scheduled for April 10th but got moved to week of May 15th as still issues with oil leaks. Timing covers on some machined wrong. Was technical service bulletin for it. Timing covers on National back order.

F-P confident issue will be fixed in time for the may 15 build date.

Did you get your R?