Some 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R Pickups Are Leaking Oil - By Ford Authority

TurboS

Reaction score
Below copied from Ford Authority article
By Brett Foote
March 3, 2023 11:50 am

The 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R is a special machine indeed, marking the return of V8 power to the high-performance off-road-focused pickup for the first time since the demise of the first-gen model years ago. The Raptor R immediately racked up a slew of positive reviews and even managed to beat out its chief rival – the Ram TRX – in at least one comparison test, but there are just a couple of problems – for starters, it costs over $100k, and secondly, very few are actually being produced this year. However, a handful of those lucky enough to take delivery of a 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R have faced one fairly annoying problem in recent weeks – oil leaks.

1678639618273.png

The very first report of a leaky Raptor R came from the Instagram page The Raptor Connection, which then followed up with a total of 12 owners that have reportedly experienced the same issue. According to the page, those owners have reported seeing oil leaks coming from a variety of areas, including the supercharger, front crank seal, and oil pan gasket. The very first person to experience this issue – Ryan Cassidy – has had his truck parked at a Ford dealer for roughly a month now as well.

“Pretty serious leak. I had it towed to the dealer on January 28th and it’s been there ever since with no end in sight, unfortunately,” Cassidy told The Drive. “I’ve talked to quite a few people from, like, the plant managers to several others. They’ve informed me of what’s going on, the whole process – they have front crank seal leaks.”

A Ford spokesperson later confirmed that the source of these oil leaks is, in fact, faulty front crank seals, though a suitable replacement has reportedly already been developed and is currently being tested. The automaker is “aware of a limited number of F-150 Raptor Rs – nine customers – with the potential to leak oil at the front crankshaft seal caused by a supplier manufacturing defect. We are contacting affected customers to offer assistance,” the spokesperson said.

jond

Reaction score
I've had possession of my Raptor R for three weeks now. Actually have 2 problems. The first was that the truck was delivered with a bad AC evaporator, no air. Ford dealer replaced this part but it came with tearing apart my dash. The exhaust has the same rattle that affected regular Gen 3 raptors. I think this was a result of a spring in the valving for the exhaust. Will be going back to sort this out. Otherwise; luckily no leaking oil to report. being one of the few that has this problem has to be awful after all the waiting to get this truck. Update... Just had the nonworking R button. Disconnecting the battery corrected the problem.

Last edited: