TRX Owners switching to the Raptor-R?

super8

Raptor-R ️‍🔥
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Any current TRX owners on the forum that are planning on switching back to Ford with the Raptor-R?

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
Any current TRX owners on the forum that are planning on switching back to Ford with the Raptor-R?
I currently have been driving my 2021 Ram TRX since June 04, 2021. It is paid off and if the Raptor R is completely awesome I will be trading my TRX in on one for sure. I had only driven Ford F150's since 2005 and owned 3 loaded 3.5 Ecoboost trucks after 2011 before purchasing my TRX. I grew up a Ford guy and family all drive F150's. I was in the market for a Raptor and had never even looked at a Ram in years, a friend from high school who had been a salesman at Ram for almost 15 years called me in April of 2021 and had me look at a customers TRX that had came in because he knew I was in the market for a Raptor. I bought the black one after that they had on order since February because besides the engine, the interior sold me on the Ram. The interior of my TRX is nicer or as nice as any luxury car or truck. I am hoping the R will be enough to pull me back to Ford. Competition is great for customers and let the games begin!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I currently have been driving my 2021 Ram TRX since June 04, 2021. It is paid off and if the Raptor R is completely awesome I will be trading my TRX in on one for sure. I had only driven Ford F150's since 2005 and owned 3 loaded 3.5 Ecoboost trucks after 2011 before purchasing my TRX. I grew up a Ford guy and family all drive F150's. I was in the market for a Raptor and had never even looked at a Ram in years, a friend from high school who had been a salesman at Ram for almost 15 years called me in April of 2021 and had me look at a customers TRX that had came in because he knew I was in the market for a Raptor. I bought the black one after that they had on order since February because besides the engine, the interior sold me on the Ram. The interior of my TRX is nicer or as nice as any luxury car or truck. I am hoping the R will be enough to pull me back to Ford. Competition is great for customers and let the games begin!
That's awesome! Have you had a good experience with the TRX so far? Any reliability issues or concerns?

CVSJR

Reaction score
Waiting to see how difficult purchasing a Raptor R will be. How many will they build, and can you just order one without worrying if your chosen dealer will ever get an allotment. Then there's always ADM if everything else goes smooth.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! Have you had a good experience with the TRX so far? Any reliability issues or concerns?
No, no issues. It has been a great truck so far, I am at 16,478 miles since June of 2021. I towed a car from Alexandria, Louisiana back to the Florida panhandle which was around 500 miles. My TRX got 12.5 miles to the gallon hauling an estimated weight of around 5,000 lbs trailer and all, maybe a little more as I was helping a friend move and they had my truck bed full of belongings as well. I am looking forward to the R release because other than the Rex I have always owned Ford trucks. In my younger days I owned fast cars but at around 30 I started becoming a truck guy and had only owned F150 trucks since. Nothing against any other truck brand and I really enjoy the Ram, I just have put many trouble free miles on my Ford trucks and kept them for several years each. I am hoping the R is just as available as the TRX and not limited because if it checks the boxes I would own one. Looking forward to the big news tomorrow.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
Figured I would post a recent picture of my Rex. I may keep it too and just buy a Raptor R outright. I am kinda attached to the Rex now. This is from last week as I got running boards this weekend but it is raining so hard here in Northwest Florida today I cannot take a picture at the moment.

Attachments

• Rex.jpg
    Rex.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 84

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Figured I would post a recent picture of my Rex. I may keep it too and just buy a Raptor R outright. I am kinda attached to the Rex now. This is from last week as I got running boards this weekend but it is raining so hard here in Northwest Florida today I cannot take a picture at the moment.
You definitely picked the fastest color! :cool:

I've been very tempted to get a TRX, but now with the Raptor R being announced it's probably best that I just try to get my hands on an R.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
You definitely picked the fastest color! :cool:

I've been very tempted to get a TRX, but now with the Raptor R being announced it's probably best that I just try to get my hands on an R.
Yeah, to me black is the only color that matches more bumper to bumper. The 2 tone colors to me don't look as good and should have been color matched from the factory. At least the black around the bottom of the doors should have been matching the trucks main color on most of the others. The only one besides black that I considered was hydro blue.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
It has been raining literally everyday here in Northwest Florida that I cannot keep my truck clean, I usually keep a clean vehicle inside and out. It has stopped raining for right now so I will post a photo with the new steps. I didn't want the Ram steps because they were ugly and overpriced to me for what they are.

Attachments

• Rex 1.jpg
    Rex 1.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 78

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
It has been raining literally everyday here in Northwest Florida that I cannot keep my truck clean, I usually keep a clean vehicle inside and out. It has stopped raining for right now so I will post a photo with the new steps. I didn't want the Ram steps because they were ugly and overpriced to me for what they are.
Very nice! Did you think about getting power folding steps? I love mine.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
I did, I wasn't sure how they would work or if I could adjust them from Uconnect, I know some get it to work properly but with my luck I passed. Most of the off road trails I ride are on the Eglin reservation and are pretty wide and not to rutted that I don't see ground clearance as an issue. If ground clearance would be an issue I choose another path, it gets too damn expensive to fix things these days if you can even get parts.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
My brother just picked up his 2022 (overpriced) TRX today. If possible, I want to order a Raptor R. Turned down ordering at $40K over sticker. Salesman told me the other day, "You should have ordered one. You would have gotten it and could have sold it for more or sold your order position to someone else."

Has anyone heard of dealers selling the Raptor R for anywhere close to sticker price???

Thanks and glad to be here.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
Waiting to see how difficult purchasing a Raptor R will be. How many will they build, and can you just order one without worrying if your chosen dealer will ever get an allotment. Then there's always ADM if everything else goes smooth.
If dealer has no allotment, I don't see how you will get one. Local big dealer said they are getting 5. All were spoken for in 3 hours.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
After hearing the Raptor R price and the premiums that dealers are charging I decide to scoop up a TRX real quick. These Raptor R prices make the TRX look like a bargain. I figure it will buy me some time until production catches up and prices come back down to earth.

IMG_1517.jpeg

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
My brother just picked up his 2022 (overpriced) TRX today. If possible, I want to order a Raptor R. Turned down ordering at $40K over sticker. Salesman told me the other day, "You should have ordered one. You would have gotten it and could have sold it for more or sold your order position to someone else."

Has anyone heard of dealers selling the Raptor R for anywhere close to sticker price???

Thanks and glad to be here.
Nope, just astronomical ADMs!

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score

After hearing the Raptor R price and the premiums that dealers are charging I decide to scoop up a TRX real quick. These Raptor R prices make the TRX look like a bargain. I figure it will buy me some time until production catches up and prices come back down to earth.

View attachment 100
Sweet looking ride. Is that black??? Props for not getting ripped off for the factory running boards. I saw a youtube video of a guy installing the power side steps. Personally, I would not care for the power steps on this truck but that's just my 2 cents. Get what feels right.

Did you get your new TRX for at or below sticker price??

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Sweet looking ride. Is that black??? Props for not getting ripped off for the factory running boards. I saw a youtube video of a guy installing the power side steps. Personally, I would not care for the power steps on this truck but that's just my 2 cents. Get what feels right.

Did you get your new TRX for at or below sticker price??
Thanks! Yes, it's the Diamond Black. I paid a few thousand over sticker, but they were also several thousand more than anyone else on my trade-in. So it worked out to where my trade-in premium more than paid for the ADM.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, it's the Diamond Black. I paid a few thousand over sticker, but they were also several thousand more than anyone else on my trade-in. So it worked out to where my trade-in premium more than paid for the ADM.
Sounds like you did OK. I held dealer's feet to fire on my brother's trade. Overall, brother got no more than fair deal but loves his Graphite vehicle.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score

View attachment 100
Welcome to the "Dark Side", You will love it my friend. I believe I have told you before about myself being a lifelong Ford F150 buyer who switched last year. Been the funnest 16,000 miles of my life so far. Congrats!

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score

View attachment 100
I did reach out to the local Ford dealer and was kicked in the balls with the answer. Basically all that were coming in were spoken for by "friends" of the owner & management. I was going to give this a shot because of the great ownership experiences and thousands of trouble free miles I have had with my Ford's over the years.