TRX Owners switching to the Raptor-R?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the "Dark Side", You will love it my friend. I believe I have told you before about myself being a lifelong Ford F150 buyer who switched last year. Been the funnest 16,000 miles of my life so far. Congrats!
Thanks! The Raptor R might be the TRX salesman of the year LOL!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I did reach out to the local Ford dealer and was kicked in the balls with the answer. Basically all that were coming in were spoken for by "friends" of the owner & management. I was going to give this a shot because of the great ownership experiences and thousands of trouble free miles I have had with my Ford's over the years.
I didn't even get a reply from mine. Sounds like only "friends" of dealers are going to be driving these Raptor R around for a while.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
I didn't even get a reply from mine. Sounds like only "friends" of dealers are going to be driving these Raptor R around for a while.
That is a problem that Ford just doesn't seem to be able to fix like the others. I am happy with my TRX tho but did want to give the R a chance. What do you think about the Rex interior now that you have spent some time in it?

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
After hearing the Raptor R price and the premiums that dealers are charging I decide to scoop up a TRX real quick. These Raptor R prices make the TRX look like a bargain. I figure it will buy me some time until production catches up and prices come back down to earth.

View attachment 100
Black is the best color! Check out the Rough Country HD2 running boards, I think you will like them. That is what I put on along with the Weathertech mud flaps.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
That is a problem that Ford just doesn't seem to be able to fix like the others. I am happy with my TRX tho but did want to give the R a chance. What do you think about the Rex interior now that you have spent some time in it?
Yeah, they have a big problem with this. I just had to turn down a Bronco that I ordered over a year ago because the dealer was trying to charge me $10k over the sticker price for MY order when it showed up! I was so pissed that I called Ford and they just acted like they were going to help me, but it's just been crickets since. Such a bummer and it really turns me off of ordering anything new from Ford.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Black is the best color! Check out the Rough Country HD2 running boards, I think you will like them. That is what I put on along with the Weathertech mud flaps.
Cool, I will check those out!

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
Cool, I will check those out!
This Northwest Florida weather sucks and it has rained everyday the last month. Mudflaps are a must if you go off road or risk scratches all down the side from debris. I drove down a couple bad roads this last weekend and picked up some trail stripes but I treat mine like a truck and do truck stuff. Only issue (even with the Raptor) is the width will limit you on trails you can ride.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
I did reach out to the local Ford dealer and was kicked in the balls with the answer. Basically all that were coming in were spoken for by "friends" of the owner & management. I was going to give this a shot because of the great ownership experiences and thousands of trouble free miles I have had with my Ford's over the years.
My local Ford dealer had my name at the top of their list but we decided not to order due to dealer markup. My brother got TRX instead.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I finally heard from my dealer yesterday and they said they would put my name down for a Raptor R allocation, but it would come with a $25k ADM. Not the worst I've heard of, but not great either.

JUNGLE JIM

Founding Member
Reaction score
You do realize that those hungry greedy bastards have not sold a new Ford truck in almost a year now?

There hasn't been a salesman on the Ford lot here since, which means it's catch-up time for their unpaid personal expenses.

I'm sure the Dodge Boys aren't letting those trucks go without a little markup as well.

JJ

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
You do realize that those hungry greedy bastards have not sold a new Ford truck in almost a year now?

There hasn't been a salesman on the Ford lot here since, which means it's catch-up time for their unpaid personal expenses.

I'm sure the Dodge Boys aren't letting those trucks go without a little markup as well.

JJ
3k to 5k over is a far cry from the 25k to 50k the Ford dealers are asking. I bought my TRX in Feb of 2021 and received it 04 Jun 21. It was shortly after you could actually get one. My purchase was fully loaded level 2 with every option but the Ram Bar and rock rails. I paid at the time $96,000 and that included the markup and taxes. The actual truck was only $89,000 so Ram dealers are offering a far better deal on average. Most people can actually get a TRX and at a decent price for what it is. If someone is having trouble finding one call Robert Fickett at CDJR Crestview, FL @ 850-758-8577. Robert is a good salesman and will take care of everything.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
I am a lifelong Ford guy, but I am not so brand loyal I ignore a great product outside of what Ford offers. For anyone who knocks the TRX actually go drive one, or better yet, buy one and if you don't like it you can trade it in. If people put there bias aside, Ram actually killed it with the 5th gen hands down. Do not just say something is this or that, go see for yourself. That said, I was going to give the Raptor R a shot, and yes I could purchase one at the markup, but why would I when the Rex is a great truck. I had not ever owned a Ram and purchased one. I am not trying to promote any one brand, I am saying this because so many are bias without ever experiencing what they claim as inferior. The interior of the Rex is hands down far and above the Raptor, which I was really hoping they had stepped up for the R. Go see for yourself if you have any doubts. Deuces!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I am a lifelong Ford guy, but I am not so brand loyal I ignore a great product outside of what Ford offers. For anyone who knocks the TRX actually go drive one, or better yet, buy one and if you don't like it you can trade it in. If people put there bias aside, Ram actually killed it with the 5th gen hands down. Do not just say something is this or that, go see for yourself. That said, I was going to give the Raptor R a shot, and yes I could purchase one at the markup, but why would I when the Rex is a great truck. I had not ever owned a Ram and purchased one. I am not trying to promote any one brand, I am saying this because so many are bias without ever experiencing what they claim as inferior. The interior of the Rex is hands down far and above the Raptor, which I was really hoping they had stepped up for the R. Go see for yourself if you have any doubts. Deuces!
Well said! I'm a Ford guy as well, but I couldn't resist the temptation of a TRX in the meantime because of the pricing and availability compared to the Raptor R. I hope to get a shot at a Raptor R one day so that I can take my experiences from the TRX and give a fair assessment of the differences between the two trucks. In the meantime, we will have to wait for the professional journalists and or @JUNGLE JIM to give us the real world review of the new Raptor R.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
Well said! I'm a Ford guy as well, but I couldn't resist the temptation of a TRX in the meantime because of the pricing and availability compared to the Raptor R. I hope to get a shot at a Raptor R one day so that I can take my experiences from the TRX and give a fair assessment of the differences between the two trucks. In the meantime, we will have to wait for the professional journalists and or @JUNGLE JIM to give us the real world review of the new Raptor R.
I would like to check out a Raptor R, and I will give it a look. I just think the brand loyalty helps these manufacturers get more out of the consumers. If more people would cross shop and get the better deal that is equal or superior, then the manufacturers would try to get competitive again.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
I would like to check out a Raptor R, and I will give it a look. I just think the brand loyalty helps these manufacturers get more out of the consumers. If more people would cross shop and get the better deal that is equal or superior, then the manufacturers would try to get competitive again.
I don't think the Raptor R is going to be anywhere near the truck that the TRX is. It's basically an F-150 with a big motor in it. The TRX is not just a RAM 1500 with the Hellcat engine under the hood. My brother loves his new TRX. Waited months for Ford to unveil the new Raptor R and then said screw that when he heard $40 K over sticker. Ford salesmen are saying that Raptor R trucks will be going for $200K on the open market. I doubt that is going to happen. Who is going to pay double for the vehicle?

I think the price of the Raptor R will boost TRX sales for sure.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Raptor R is going to be anywhere near the truck that the TRX is. It's basically an F-150 with a big motor in it. The TRX is not just a RAM 1500 with the Hellcat engine under the hood. My brother loves his new TRX. Waited months for Ford to unveil the new Raptor R and then said screw that when he heard $40 K over sticker. Ford salesmen are saying that Raptor R trucks will be going for $200K on the open market. I doubt that is going to happen. Who is going to pay double for the vehicle?

I think the price of the Raptor R will boost TRX sales for sure.
I had not ever owned a Ram before my TRX. Long story short, I was in the market for a Raptor (I actually had a deposit on one locally that was set to arrive soon) when a friend of mine called from the Ram dealer that knew my intentions on getting a Raptor. He asked me to come by and see a TRX that had came in that another customer had ordered, I loved the truck and ordered my truck the same day. It arrived on 04 June 2021 and has been the best vehicle I have ever owned, period. The white Raptor I had ordered was sold by the dealership in less than 24hrs after arriving for a price almost identical to what I paid for my loaded TRX ($96,000). Why someone would pay that much for a V6 baffles me.

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
After hearing the Raptor R price and the premiums that dealers are charging I decide to scoop up a TRX real quick. These Raptor R prices make the TRX look like a bargain. I figure it will buy me some time until production catches up and prices come back down to earth.

View attachment 100
Hey my friend, I was just curious as to about what you paid for yours? I am wondering if the dealers are giving any better deals yet, as I have not checked lately. When I bought mine the were no deals at the time but I did get a very low markup of only $3,000.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey my friend, I was just curious as to about what you paid for yours? I am wondering if the dealers are giving any better deals yet, as I have not checked lately. When I bought mine the were no deals at the time but I did get a very low markup of only $3,000.
The other day, I saw a 2022 Sandblast Edition online for $93,500. I think it was on kbb.com or cars.com or another online site.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
The dealer had my truck at about $100k. I got them down to about $94k (sticker was $90k) for the TRX. However, they were about $10k, more on my trade-in than every other dealer I talked to. I'm sure I could have been a bit more patient and found one at sticker price or ordered one for under sticker, but the trade-in value offset any premium I paid and then some. If you don't have a trade-in then definitely shop around or order a TRX under MSRP.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
The dealer had my truck at about $100k. I got them down to about $94k (sticker was $90k) for the TRX. However, they were about $10k, more on my trade-in than every other dealer I talked to. I'm sure I could have been a bit more patient and found one at sticker price or ordered one for under sticker, but the trade-in value offset any premium I paid and then some. If you don't have a trade-in then definitely shop around or order a TRX under MSRP.
Man, you killed it on that deal. What was your trade-in?? Raptor??