TRX Owners switching to the Raptor-R?

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
The dealer had my truck at about $100k. I got them down to about $94k (sticker was $90k) for the TRX. However, they were about $10k, more on my trade-in than every other dealer I talked to. I'm sure I could have been a bit more patient and found one at sticker price or ordered one for under sticker, but the trade-in value offset any premium I paid and then some. If you don't have a trade-in then definitely shop around or order a TRX under MSRP.
That is not a bad deal. I think my markup was low because at the time they had not caught the attention of the public much outside the enthusiasts. I have read of others paying under MSRP but that is probably few and far between, especially since more people know what it is now and sales have been increasing.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
That is not a bad deal. I think my markup was low because at the time they had not caught the attention of the public much outside the enthusiasts. I have read of others paying under MSRP but that is probably few and far between, especially since more people know what it is now and sales have been increasing.
I think when people consider the inflated price of the Raptor R, TRX sales will increase, especially if you want to order a new TRX from one of the group buy dealerships and save several thousand dollars.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Man, you killed it on that deal. What was your trade-in?? Raptor??
It was a 2019 5.0L V8 Roush F150 with a 2.9L Whipple Supercharger. The dealership that had my TRX also had a Ford Performance dealer so they knew what I had. Most Ram dealers were just looking at it as a fully loaded Lariat truck and didn't want to give me any money for all the performance modifications.

I loved the performance of the lightweight F150 with the supercharged V8, but I built a turbo-charged Yamaha YXZ and I've been towing more lately than I used to. The aluminum trucks are great for performance, but it felt too light when I was towing. I haven't towed with my TRX yet, but the truck already feels much heavier and more capable all around. My Roush felt more like a sports car whereas the TRX feels more like a heavy-duty truck.

IMG_1486.jpeg

28D50710-2590-4ACD-973D-7F09021C07A4.jpeg

IMG_0878.jpeg

IMG_1511.jpeg

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I think when people consider the inflated price of the Raptor R, TRX sales will increase, especially if you want to order a new TRX from one of the group buy dealerships and save several thousand dollars.
My thoughts exactly! I scooped mine up before everyone realizes that the TRX is much cheaper and easier to get.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
It was a 2019 5.0L V8 Roush F150 with a 2.9L Whipple Supercharger. The dealership that had my TRX also had a Ford Performance dealer so they knew what I had. Most Ram dealers were just looking at it as a fully loaded Lariat truck and didn't want to give me any money for all the performance modifications.

I loved the performance of the lightweight F150 with the supercharged V8, but I built a turbo-charged Yamaha YXZ and I've been towing more lately than I used to. The aluminum trucks are great for performance, but it felt too light when I was towing. I haven't towed with my TRX yet, but the truck already feels much heavier and more capable all around. My Roush felt more like a sports car whereas the TRX feels more like a heavy-duty truck.

View attachment 101
View attachment 102
View attachment 103
View attachment 104
That Ford looks like a really sweet ride. Same motor as in the Raptor R??? I think Ford has shot themselves in the foot by letting dealers gouge buyers on the Raptor R. Local dealer told me had I ordered a Raptor R, I would have been first in line and would have definitely gotten one and I could have sold my order position to someone else for a few thousand and the name of the buyer of my order position would replace my name on the order. Another dealer told me no way they would do that. Who knows?? When I heard $40K over sticker, I said no way.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
That Ford looks like a really sweet ride. Same motor as in the Raptor R??? I think Ford has shot themselves in the foot by letting dealers gouge buyers on the Raptor R. Local dealer told me had I ordered a Raptor R, I would have been first in line and would have definitely gotten one and I could have sold my order position to someone else for a few thousand and the name of the buyer of my order position would replace my name on the order. Another dealer told me no way they would do that. Who knows?? When I heard $40K over sticker, I said no way.
No, it had the 5.0L Coyote motor out of the Mustang GT. The Shelby GT500 engine is unique to the GT500 and the Raptor R and is a 5.2L that comes supercharged from Ford. I put a Whipple Supercharger on the 5.0L and even though that engine wasn't designed for a Supercharger it still easily made 750hp.

Gen 3 r trx eater

Founding Member
Reaction score
My brother just picked up his 2022 (overpriced) TRX today. If possible, I want to order a Raptor R. Turned down ordering at $40K over sticker. Salesman told me the other day, "You should have ordered one. You would have gotten it and could have sold it for more or sold your order position to someone else."

Has anyone heard of dealers selling the Raptor R for anywhere close to sticker price???

Thanks and glad to be here.
I’ve been calling dealers throughout California and nearby states ( Arizona and Nevada) and no one is budging under
50k over sticker price , I was able to place an order for a raptor r at a dealer in San Fernando Valley for 20,000 over sticker price but they haven’t been able to confirm if they have an allocation for me but I did receive a ford confirmation email I’m not sure how much that secures your order or not.
I got a little impatient and found another dealer in Northern California that guaranteed me there only allocation that was 30 k over sticker but they wanted the 30 k down to secure the allocation which I did and also got the same ford email confirmation , so will see which one comes first.
After calling over 20 + dealers I find it hard to believe that any dealer will sell it for sticker price especially for the first wave of allocations.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
I saw a post somewhere by a guy in Utah or AZ that said he ordered Raptor R for sticker price. Might have been on this forum.

Someone I know said "screw it" and got a TRX and loves it.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve been calling dealers throughout California and nearby states ( Arizona and Nevada) and no one is budging under
50k over sticker price , I was able to place an order for a raptor r at a dealer in San Fernando Valley for 20,000 over sticker price but they haven’t been able to confirm if they have an allocation for me but I did receive a ford confirmation email I’m not sure how much that secures your order or not.
I got a little impatient and found another dealer in Northern California that guaranteed me there only allocation that was 30 k over sticker but they wanted the 30 k down to secure the allocation which I did and also got the same ford email confirmation , so will see which one comes first.
After calling over 20 + dealers I find it hard to believe that any dealer will sell it for sticker price especially for the first wave of allocations.
That's just crazy! Sounds like there aren't any reasonable deals to be had if you start calling around. I think you would already have to have a well-established relationship with a local dealer to get one at MSRP.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
That's just crazy! Sounds like there aren't any reasonable deals to be had if you start calling around. I think you would already have to have a well-established relationship with a local dealer to get one at MSRP.
We have relationship with local Ford dealer. Our name was first on list to get Raptor R at $40K over sticker. Opted for TRX instead.

Gen 3 r trx eater

Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve bought over 8 trucks in sunrise ford in Fontana California for our business from a buddy that works there and he’s the one that told me to start calling around because they got 6 allocations but there boss said they won’t let them go under 50k over sticker price and they all got sold the same week but I’m sure I’ll change next year as more are available.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Whelp, I guess there are no relationship deals to be had! So much for loyalty to long-standing customers.

Gen 3 r trx eater

Founding Member
Reaction score
I saw a post somewhere by a guy in Utah or AZ that said he ordered Raptor R for sticker price. Might have been on this forum.

Someone I know said "screw it" and got a TRX and loves it.
Yea I don’t blame them, it gets frustrating for one to find an allocation and then pay the mark Ups when you can get a trx at msrp

Joshua

Founding Member
Reaction score
What has been up fellas? Not a whole lot happening this last week. Anyone have any luck finding a Raptor R that is not out of this world markup? Just curious. I have been enjoying the Rex and getting it dirty with all this rain in Northwest Florida the last month and a half. When I get my truck dirty I like to go all out and hit the good trails on Eglin reservation.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
What has been up fellas? Not a whole lot happening this last week. Anyone have any luck finding a Raptor R that is not out of this world markup? Just curious. I have been enjoying the Rex and getting it dirty with all this rain in Northwest Florida the last month and a half. When I get my truck dirty I like to go all out and hit the good trails on Eglin reservation.
I added a Bak Revolver 4XS tonneau cover and a BedRug to my TRX. I've also been pretty good at getting it dirty in the rain lately. I was able to track down a decent deal on a Raptor R and my order was confirmed by Ford! Now the waiting game begins.

uthorns1976

Founding Member
Reaction score
I added a Bak Revolver 4XS tonneau cover and a BedRug to my TRX. I've also been pretty good at getting it dirty in the rain lately. I was able to track down a decent deal on a Raptor R and my order was confirmed by Ford! Now the waiting game begins.
Here in Texas, the lowest ADM I have heard of on Raptor R is $35K. I wanted to order one but not for that price. $153K with sales tax. Good luck flipping it for a profit at that price. One dealer told me, "Markup on Raptor R should be $75K."

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Here in Texas, the lowest ADM I have heard of on Raptor R is $35K. I wanted to order one but not for that price. $153K with sales tax. Good luck flipping it for a profit at that price. One dealer told me, "Markup on Raptor R should be $75K."
That's just insane! I really hope they don't bring that much because I want to see the Raptor R out in the desert and not just garage queens in some collection.

Raptorrrr

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the group! Ordered my Raptor R on July 20th for $5K over MSRP and first allocation here in Ohio. I was able to secure this deal by getting in front of this months ago by communicating my intentions to the sales manager and trading in my current Raptor that I ordered from them in 2017.

super8

Raptor-R ️‍🔥
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the group! Ordered my Raptor R on July 20th for $5K over MSRP and first allocation here in Ohio. I was able to secure this deal by getting in front of this months ago by communicating my intentions to the sales manager and trading in my current Raptor that I ordered from them in 2017.

That's one of the best deals I've seen so far! Congrats on the order and welcome to the forum!

JUNGLE JIM

Founding Member
Reaction score
Well.............

I'm paying exactly $109,740.00 for mine including destination and delivery. With my 2017 Raptor as a trade, not sure how much that will be as it only has 36 thousand miles on it and is in primo condition other than a few thousand "desert racing stripes" running the length of each side of the body and the right outside mirror glass being held in with RTV sealant. The rear window glass has been replaced twice due to hard landings and contact with the "headache rack" I installed at the front of the bed. This will be my third Raptor from my dealer. I do a F350 4x4 diesel dually from them every four or five years as well always at MSRP.

JJ