Your First F150 Raptor R Modification

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
What is the first modification you are planning to do when you get your F-150 Raptor R? Are you going to do window tint, bed liner, new wheels and tires, aftermarket exhaust, smaller pulley with a tune, or what? It's going to be such an awesome truck and I can't wait to see what everyone does!

CFoRd1348

Founding Member
Reaction score
What is the first modification you are planning to do when you get your F-150 Raptor R? Are you going to do window tint, bed liner, new wheels and tires, aftermarket exhaust, smaller pulley with a tune, or what? It's going to be such an awesome truck and I can't wait to see what everyone does!
Only thing I will do is bed liner, tint And a diamondback bed cover

JUNGLE JIM

Founding Member
Reaction score
A second spare tire and wheel and a jack that can actually lift up a wheel without having to dig a two foot deep hole under it in order to get the factory jack under the axle.

JJ

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
A second spare tire and wheel and a jack that can actually lift up a wheel without having to dig a two foot deep hole under it in order to get the factory jack under the axle.

JJ
You need a Pro Eagle jack @JUNGLE JIM

JUNGLE JIM

Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice but pricy jack that Pro Eagle but Harbor Freight has one that is lighter and cheaper that I've kept in two Raptors now.

As for the bullshit video, who and why would anyone jack up a Raptor by the frame when the front wheel has 13 inches of travel before the tire is off the ground?

What if you're just stuck in four holes with all four wheels spinning and the frame is bottomed out?

The front suspensions arms is where you place the jack and depending on the situation you will need at least two jacks. The factory jack is just a joke in more ways than one. I carry two bottle jacks a square sand plate from Hi-Lift and a half dozen wood blocks just for the event.

The Raptor is such a low rider that mine bottoms out on fifteen inch high mini dunes as are here in Yuma and on the beaches in Sonora. Not to mention that you need to let the tire pressure down to 10 or 12 psi to have any traction in soft sand.

Two shovels are a good back up as well.

JJ